Our Pain Relief Specialists relieve stuckness, pain, and soreness by first calming the sympathetic nervous system (your fight, flight, or freeze response) and then using that calm, parasympathetic state (the rest and digest time) to allow manual resetting of physical imbalances. It is one of the most effective measures you can take to ensure that you live and perform at your personal best. Our therapists are "specialists" and we are able to craft a massage to suit the individual. For example, deep tissue massage is NOT appropriate for every person so we will do what's best for YOU, and not leave you sore for 2 days, but feeling better!
Speciality modalities at our clinic:
- Sports Massage to support recovery and performance of strength and endurance athletes
- Deep tissue
- Asian Bodywork Therapies including Chinese Medical Massage (TuiNa and Acupressure)
- Myofascial Release (Barnes Method) and Craniosacral Therapy (CST)
- Prenatal Massage
- Oncology Support Massage
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT)
- Relaxation and Stress Management
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Cupping Therapy
- Pet massage and classes
- On-site Chair Massage
a doctor of chinese medicine explains
The Benefits of Massage
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens in the massage therapy session and how much is it?
For a 1 hour massage, you are together with your therapist for about an hour and a half. This allows us enough time to review your health history form, discuss whats going on, and decide what we're going to do about it. There is no rushing at Live Oak Health!
- 30 minute sessions are $55
- 60 minute sessions are $85
- 90 minute sessions are $125
- Enhance your treatment with our add-on's
- $15 for Hot Stones, Cupping therapy, GuaSha
- $20 for local Acupuncture during massages with Lauren
- $20 for an extra 15 minutes
Do I take my clothes off?
We encourage you to disrobe to your comfort level, which is up to you to define. You will receive the same quality and efficacy of bodywork, wether you are in shorts and a t-shirt or unclothed and securely and modestly draped.
What is tipping etiquette?
We are grateful to receive a tip, either cash or in the credit card transaction, but this is 100% up to you!
If I do choose to tip, how much should I tip my therapist?
Again, this is completely up to you. Tips generally range from $5 to $20.
Do you take my insurance?
- Most HSA (Healthcare Savings Account) cards are accepted
- We are an approved provider for UNITED HEALTHCARE, UMR, OPTUM, and the VA.
- Please call ahead if you'd like to use your insurance. We must do a confirmation of benefits call to UHC to find out what your coverage includes.
- If you have a different insurance, please reach out to us as we can help you fill out paperwork for out of network benefits.